Chipotle is Giving Away $200,000 in Crypto!
Are you craving a burrito with a side of Bitcoin? Chipotle has you covered. The Mexican restaurant chain is giving away over $200,000 in crypto between now and July 31 with their Buy the Dip (see what they did there…dip?) game.
On the contest site, consumers with a Chipotle Rewards account have the chance to win one of several types of crypto, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana, Avalanche, and Dogecoin.
The game is open to play from 1PM ET to 9PM ET every day from July 25 until National Avocado Day on July 31.
Starting on 7/25 through 7/30, Chipotle will give away the following:
- $10,000 in Bitcoin (BTC) – Five fans get $2,000 per day
- $5,000 in Ethereum (ETH) per day – Five fans get $1,000 each per day
- $1,250 in Solana (SOL) per day – Five fans get $250 each per day
- $3,000 in Avalanche (AVAX) per day – 20 fans get $150 each per day
- $3,000 in Dogecoin (DOGE) per day – 20 fans get $150 each per day
On Sunday, July 31, National Avocado Day, they juice up the prizes a bit, with the following giveaways:
- $35,000 in Bitcoin (BTC) – Five fans get $5,000 each and one fan gets $10,000
- $5,000 in Ethereum (ETH) – Five fans get $1,000 each
- $12,500 in Solana (SOL) – 25 fans get $500 each
- $11,250 in Avalanche (AVAX) – 75 fans get $150 each
- $11,250 in Dogecoin (DOGE) – 75 fans get $150 each
“We want to build the next generation of Chipotle fandom by connecting with the Web3 community,” said Chris Brandt, Chief Marketing Officer. “We’re excited to bring positivity to the crypto conversation by empowering fans to ‘Buy The Dip.'”
In total, more than 500 players will win crypto from July 25 through July 31.
Chipotle embracing crypto
This isn’t the first time Chipotle has dipped their toe in the crypto waters. In addition to accepting multiple types of cryptocurrency, Chipotle was the first U.S. restaurant brand to launch a crypto giveaway. Last year through its “Burritos or Bitcoin” promotion, Chipotle gave out $100,000 in Bitcoin to celebrate National Burrito Day.
This is the polar opposite of what we saw last week from multiple gaming companies that aggressively distanced themselves from Web3, and it firmly places Chipotle along with Nike, Adidas, Budweiser, and Pepsi as major brands taking crypto and NFTs head-on.
Disclaimer: This article is not financial advice. The NFT and Cryptocurrency markets are very volatile. Please don’t invest what you can’t afford to lose. Always do your own research before investing.