I have my fair share of graveyard NFT projects with no future, no hope, no active development, etc. and I’m certain I am not the only one. Are we starting to see a flight to higher quality projects? What determines whether a project has legs, is a flash in the pan, or has no real future.
I fancy myself as a medium quality NFT flipper, I have several items I’m keeping for long term holds and others I only wish I could get rid of. How do you choose which project you back next? I’m not an expert, I’m just a conversation starter.
Let’s roll through my grading thoughts, and some things that may be worth trying to not just burn your ETH for a bunch of bags with no hope.
NFT Grade: Miss Me with That
- 10,000 PFP Whatevers with no utility: It feels like this ship has largely sailed. Even if you like the art, and the art is legitimately good art, that doesn’t mean as much as it should. If your community sucks, the biggest step in your roadmap is ‘merch,’ or there is no meaningful utility outside of a profile pic…probably a no-go for me.
- Bears / Raccoons / Apes / Lizards / Ducks / (insert animal here): This ties into the previous point, but do we have to recycle the same animals over, and over again? There are obviously some Blue-Chips, but that doesn’t mean we need to keep pumping out the same animals over and over again, does it?
- Botched Drops: I’m not a developer or tech guy by any stretch, but get your drops figured out. Verify the contract before the drop, make sure your website works. Hire someone to help! Please!! Some of these issues are understandable, but if they can’t get it right out of the gate, it’s usually not a recipe for success.
- Gas Fee Timing: I know this is hard, but if there are a dozen scheduled drops for the day you are wanting to drop, gas fees are going to suck, and people will be annoyed. A little coordination goes a long way. Even adjusting to a later time when there’s less network traffic is usually acceptable. I don’t know how much I’ve spent on gas, or if there’s a tool for that, and I don’t even want to know…
- Not selling out: If it takes your project a couple days to sell out, I’m really okay with that. If it takes a week, two weeks, or never sells out. You’re probably dead in the water. In my opinion, don’t mint anything that has been live for more than a few days, or you’ll probably get stuck with it.
NFT Grade: Meh…
- Generative Art: There are some cool pieces out there, I’ve owned some, sold some, can’t sell others. These seem to be longer term plays, which is perfectly fine. Some of the art isn’t that cool, some is still overproduced, just need to be selective in what you chase.
- Photography: I think this may have some legs in the future, there are some seriously good photographers in the space, and I think this could be big in the 1/1 art space. We’ll see!
- Anonymous Teams: So, the only reason this isn’t in the “Miss me with that” category, is there are a couple of anonymous projects out there that are interesting. Off the top of my head 24px PixelCats comes to mind. People are at a point where they want to know who they’re dealing with.
- Derivatives: I’ve been big on derivatives in most cases, but it’s starting to burn me a bit. Unless it’s one with a lot of hype and community activity, derivatives are not very liquid. If it’s a solid project with an active team and it’s not just a blatant cash grab, there are some gems here. There is some cool artwork being done on several of these projects, but you better like the art because that’s usually all they have going for them.
- Land Promises: Specifically tied to, or part of a roadmap of a PFP type project. Has anyone successfully figured this out? You get land in the metaverse somewhere with your PFP? If there’s a project that has this nailed, I want to know how it went down and if it’s viable.
- Music: I think there’s something here, although I’m not sure what. The music industry is kind of a cluster with all the copyright issues, I’m not sure if this one is quite figured out. Maybe for an up-and-comer without a label attachment??
NFT Grade: LFG!!!
Playing Card Projects: RSOP has been a massive success, and I admittedly sold mine waaaay to early. Latest playing card drop was Playing Arts Crypto Edition, which is on a face melting rise right now. Could see this space getting more crowded in the future!
Gaming: Axie Infinity has done over $1B in sales, with a “B” since they started! Let that sink in. Parallel Alpha is on a tear, ZedRun is a staple. Need I say more? Don’t get this confused with promises of gaming on the roadmap, not sure that belongs in this conversation.
Strong Community: The community can make or break you; we’ve seen communities turn on each other, moderators lose control, rug pulls, and other atrocities. Strong community, strong project, and future…in most cases.
Charity Tie In: I’m a sucker for a good charity contribution. The numbers some of these drops are pulling, it would be nice to see most projects have some charity aspect they are engaged in or contributing to. Make sure the charity aspect is public, tracked, and the real deal and you have my attention.
Vee Friends Level Utility: If your next NFT project has a serious utility aspect to it, I think this is ultimately where the space will head. There is so much potential behind the guise of an NFT, if you can put it to use outside of just updating your Twitter profile pic, that’s a project I can get behind. Even if the concept isn’t quite proven out yet.
At the end of the day, luck, timing, cost, and an eye for a good deal or good project are all going to be determining factors. But there is a lot to wade through and I am certainly still learning as well. Let’s go make it happen and find and back some killer projects that will bring real value and change into the NFT-verse!
If you liked this article, check out my other work here.
Hello there, I discovered your web site by means of Google whilst searching for a similar topic, your website got here up, it appears good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Really informative blog article.Much thanks again. Will read on…
wow, awesome blog. Awesome.
I’m not sure where you’re getting your info, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for wonderful info I was looking for this info for my mission.
Sun-up some candles, refrain short promptly another towels, and conflict with some relaxing spa music. Then gallant turns giving each other spa services. Or, to of course launch disduc.brevaph.se/night-care/ikuisia-kertomuksia.php some relaxing vibes, get your spa stygian a bonuses a mortal physically of you gives to the other, as at best solitary fancy instead of to be languorous around a kneading hardly to turn all about everywhere and nosh to palpate their partner.
haligus b9c45beda1 https://coub.com/stories/2672496-repack-acronis-true-image-2018-build-11550-universal-restore-bootcd-setup-free
wesyarm b9c45beda1 https://coub.com/stories/2689812-__full__-all-american-3×8-brokensilenze
deadchr b9c45beda1 https://coub.com/stories/2709745-noten-kostenlos-downloaden-pdf-altpal
I am not sure where you are getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for wonderful info I was looking for this info for my mission.
Good post. I learn something new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon on a daily basis. It’s always helpful to read articles from other writers and practice something from other sites.
I cannot thank you enough for the blog post. Really Great.
Your style is really unique compared to other people I have read stuff from. Thank you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this blog.
Excellent site. A lot of useful information here.
I’m sending it to some buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious.
And certainly, thank you in your sweat!
Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!
Extremely helpful information specifically the final section 🙂 I maintain such info
much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a long time.
Thanks and best of luck.
Very good article! We will be linking to this particularly
great content on our site. Keep up the good writing.
always i used to read smaller articles or reviews that also clear their
motive, and that is also happening with this paragraph which I
am reading here.
Have you ever considered writing an ebook or guest authoring on other
sites? I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my viewers would enjoy your
work. If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e-mail.
You need to be a part of a contest for one of the finest websites on the net.
I most certainly will recommend this web site!
Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your weblog?
My blog is in the exact same niche as yours and my users
would truly benefit from a lot of the information you provide
here. Please let me know if this okay with you. Appreciate it!
This page really has all the info I needed about this subject and didn’t know who to ask.
I like it when folks get together and share ideas. Great blog, stick with it!
Howdy! This article could not be written any better!
Going through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
He always kept talking about this. I am going to forward this information to him.
Fairly certain he’ll have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!
Wow! At last I got a web site from where I know how to actually get valuable data regarding my study and knowledge.
I’m still learning from you, but I’m trying to reach my goals. I definitely enjoy reading everything that is written on your blog.Keep the tips coming. I loved it!